You have booked a package holiday with Sunweb Group GmbH (hereinafter: 'Sunweb Group'). Because your holiday was cancelled due to unavoidable and extraordinary circumstances due to the coronavirus, you will now receive a Holiday Refund Note to compensate for the 'days not taken'. You can use this Holiday Refund Note as a discount when booking a new holiday with Sunweb Group. The ABTA or SGR financial protection linked to your original holiday does not apply to this Holiday Redund Note for your interrupted holiday.
The Holiday Refund Note for your interrupted holiday has been awarded to the lead booker and cannot be transferred or traded to another person. It should, therefore, be protected against any unauthorised use. The lead booker is the person who made the booking and only the lead booker of the trip can redeem the Holiday Refund Note for an interrupted holiday. If however the original holiday was booked as part of a group and the lead booker would now like to redeem the Holiday Refund Note for an interrupted holiday separately, the other travellers can make a booking online using a partial amount of the Holiday Refund Note. As soon as the Holiday Refund Note has been applied to a booking which has not been made in the lead bookers name we will send the lead booker an email at the same time for verification. The lead booker will have 14 days to object the usage of the Holiday Refund Note for an interrupted holiday.
The Holiday Refund Note for an interrupted holiday entitles you to book a package holiday offered by any holiday brands within the Sunweb Group. This Holiday Refund Note cannot be used to book services at the destination.
The Holiday Refund Note for an interrupted holiday can be redeemed within 1 year after issue date on either an already booked holiday with Sunweb or a new holiday to be booked with any of the brands of Sunweb Group.
The value is equal to the amount that has been confirmed to you for your unused travel days. A Holiday Refund Note for an interrupted holiday preserves your right to a cash refund, which can be redeemed at the latest at the expiry date of the Holiday Refund Note.
If you cannot find a suitable holiday with Sunweb, you can request a refund from us and we will arrange the value of your Holiday Refund Note to be refunded within 12 months of the date of issue.
You must book a new holiday on any Sunweb Group website.
1. To redeem your Holiday Refund Note for an interrupted holiday you can copy this code by clicking the button next to the Holiday Refund Note in your My Sunweb account. Keep the email address and date of birth of lead booker whom the Holiday Refund Note was awarded to, you will need this later.
2. Now you can go ahead and rebook your holiday.
3. Select your favourite hotel and proceed through you the booking steps. Remember your Holiday Refund Note for an interrupted holiday is not a discount code. So you should not redeem your Holiday Refund Note in step 2 of the booking process.
4. Once you have completed your booking you can redeem your Holiday Refund Note to secure your booking. Please choose the payment option ‘Refund Credit Note’.
Enter the information you collected at the start and click on "continue". You can now choose to pay using the full amount or just part of it. For example, only use £150 now and save the rest for later.
5. Finally, click "pay" and you will receive confirmation that your Holiday Refund Note has been successfully redeemed.
6. If there is an outstanding balance to be paid on the new booking after the Holiday Refund Note has been applied, you will need to pay this in accordance with Sunweb Group normal terms & conditions.
In the unlikely event that a new booking is also cancelled, and you are entitled to a payment, Sunweb Group will assign the value to a Refund Credit Note. The regular Sunweb Group terms and conditions will apply to your new booking. You must agree to these conditions when making a new booking.
No rights can be derived from printing and/or typing errors.