Sölden is the most famous winter sports destination in the Ötztal Arena. Besides the beautiful ski resort with its steady snow record, Sölden is also famous for its amazing après-ski parties and you will soon discover why people call Sölden the “Ibiza of the Alps”. Many international ski and snowboard competitions are organised here and concerts are regularly on the agenda as well! In the village you will find the Freizeit Arena, a recreation centre with a swimming pool, sauna, fitness, tennis courts, a bowling alley, cinema, restaurants, etc. You can also ice skate and sleigh on a 4 kilometer flood-lit track in Sölden. Setting out from Sölden you can take the Ötztaler Gletscherbahn and a chair lift up to the top of the 3058 meter high Gaislachkol. Sölden also has approximately 30 kilometers of hiking trails set out along the river and around the village. The highest point to be reached by foot is Hochsölden, at an altitude of 2027 meters. Hochsölden is a small village and is ideal for families with children. The village is situated on the Giggijoch which means that you can nearly always ski back to your accommodation. You can also reach this village by car and ski lift and there is even a bus service between Sölden and Hochsölden (approx. 9 kilometers). Because the village primarily consists of hotels the night life is quite low key, but you can always head down to Sölden for the real party atmosphere.
'New: Ski Safari in Sölden/Höchsolden'
Are you a capable skier or snowboarder and do you want to discover the best slopes and hidden spots in your resort? Then you should join our Ski Safari!
The Ski Safari is aimed at anyone who can already ski or snowboard. If you are comfortable on blue runs then you are fit to join us! Over the course of 3 day trips (on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday) a professional guide will lead you on the Ski Safari through the entire resort. The groups have a maximum of 10 people in each, and you can choose which group best suits your own level. The groups join up again for a coffee break, at lunch time and of course for the après ski! This is an ideal option for groups of friends with differing abilities and for solo travellers who would like to ski with a group.
Our Motto is ‘Enjoy, Relax & Experience’. You are on holiday and we simply want to help you get the most out of it!
The advantages summed up for you:
- Unrestrained skiing in a group.
- Easy level.
- Improve skills with the help of tailored tips and professional guidance.
- Together with a group but at a level you feel comfortable with.
- Visit all the pistes under the supervision of a registered guide.
- Eat and drink coffee in the hand-picked restaurants and some huts off the beaten tourist track!
- After a day on the pistes enjoy a well deserved après-ski program
- Get the most out of your holiday!
* In order to join the ski safari you need to have a ski pass and skiing equipment.
* The Ski Safari takes places every Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.
* The Group meets at 9 AM at the bottom of the piste, you need to make your own way to the meeting point.
Costs: € 119,- per person.